Landsverk’s Responsibilities Within The Fish Farming Industry:
• The making of maps for fish farming areas and breeding centres
• Securing sailing precautions when a fish farming area has been designated
• Inspecting that farming areas on the ocean are properly marked (this is done together with the Fisheries Inspection Department)
• Consulting work in connection with official approval and any alterations in fish farming licenses and fish farming areas
Applications for fish farming areas and any changes in a designated fish farming area must be sent to Heilsifrøðiligu Starvsstovuna (The Faroese Food, Veterinary and Environmental Agency).
Other Aspects Within The Government Fish Farming Administration
Heilsifrøðiliga Starvsstovan – www.hfs.fo
• Issuing of fish farming licenses and fish farming areas, among other things (administration of fish farming laws)
• Inspection of fish farming locations (together with the Fisheries Inspection Department)
• Veterinary matters
• Food matters
Umhvørvisstovan (Environment Department) – www.us.fo
• Environmental licenses, among other things
Fiskiveiðieftirlitið (The Fisheries Inspection Department) – www.fve.fo
• Registers any failure to comply with regulations regarding designated farming areas and the marking of breeding centres in the ocean.